Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 24, 2010

Should Melo Stay or Go


We all know Carmelo Anthony will be a free agent next season if he doesn't take a contract extension this offseason. The question is should Melo take the contract extension and stay a Nugget or don't take it a move on from Denver as Lebon is doing most likely doing with the Cavaliers.

The Nuggets team either needs to be reconstructed, consistent or add more stability to the team. Chauncy Billups is getting older and unlike Nash he is not getting better with age. Billups is no longer the Billups that was one of the the top 5 point guards in the NBA. J.R Smith continues is inconsistent play and is starting to not look like starter material at all. Nene gives us a 20 10 every couple of games and it seems as if Kenyon Martin career will soon be over due to his knee.

Carmelo really has no reason to stay in Denver. Even though I am a Denver fan, I know what's a lost cause and unless the team is rebuilt this offseason I see no need for Carmelo Anthony to stay a Nuggets because he is a player dat deserves a title. 

If I were Carmelo I would only stay if they gave me a consistent team that gave me an actual shot at the ultimate prize which is a NBA championship.

1 comment: